1. Happy National Running Day!
How are you celebrating? Why do you run?
2. #RunTeacherRun tech shirts
Have you ordered yours yet? If not, get on it! Only 6 days left to fill our quota (24 shirts ordered in each style) so the shirts will be printed. If we don't get 24 the price skyrockets! Don't miss out on a great deal and a great shirt. (Thanks to Susan Geidner for tackling this project!)
Order here: http://inktothepeople.com/marketplace/ink-detail/7814
3. Runner's World Running Streak
Are you streaking with us? Today is day 10! Not sure what I'm talking about? Read more about it here.
4. Summer Running
Although it hasn't been as hot as usual here in Indiana, the humidity is still high! Be sure to get your miles done in the morning or late evening and HYDRATE! Run with a water bottle or drop one on your down-and-out route. Don't wait until you get thirsty to take in your water.
5. #RunTeacherRun Playlist
Remember when we asked for your favorite running songs? You responded! Hopefully you'll find at least one new one to add to your summer playlist!
- Run by Snow Patrol.
- Scream and Shout by will.i.am & Britney
- Scream by Usher
- Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. It is terrific!!
- Beauty and the Beat by Justin Bieber.
- Vegas Girl by Conor Maynard. It's all about the beat for me!
- Single Ladies by Beyonce. It gets me pumped up and moving every time I hear it, even though I am far from being a single lady anymore as the happily-married mama of 5 kiddos!
- Galvanize by Chemical Brothers -- for longer stretches for which I have to maintain a tough pace :)
- Feel this Moment by Christina Aguilera and Pitbull -- makes me speed up
- Fighter by Christina Aguilera
- Golddigger by Kanye (terrible, I know)
- Lose Yourself by Eminem
- the distance and "you're never there" by Cake
- "Mysterious Ways and Vertigo by U2
- Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
- The BAD news is that Hanson is one of your guilty pleasure songs. The GOOD news is that it's not Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (my guilty pleasure song of choice:)
Now get out there and #runteacherrun or #moveteachermove!