Thursday, December 26, 2013

Back in the Saddle


December 7, 2013 was my slowest 5K ever (and probably my coldest as well).

But neither of those details really truly matter.

Why?

Because I ran.

In a race.

15 weeks after my accident.

10 days after finally returning to the world of running.

For me, it was a celebration of healing and gratefulness for the ability to run.

A far cry from the beginning of 2013 where I celebrated turning 40 by running my first marathon...

but no less important.


It will be a while before I'm able to run longer distances, but I know how to work towards that goal:

By lacing up my running shoes and putting one foot in front of the other.



As we wrap up 2013 and look forward towards 2014, I hope that you continue to #RunTeacherRun.

I know I will!





2 comments:

  1. So proud of you!! I'm going to #runteacherrun with all I've got this upcoming year!!! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete