Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Weekly Questions

Did I exercise 3-6 days this week?
Nope. I didn't exercise once. Hmmm.

Did I do really good work?
I feel like I did okay work. Not my best week in the classroom but lots of good stuff.

Did I have fun? Did I do some things for myself?
I finished Gathering Blue, got together with friends on Wednesday, went out with family on Friday and Saturday.  So yes.

Did I get some non-working things accomplished?
I baked a few cookies for the family events.  I did a few loads of laundry.

Was I organized for the week?
I was organized for teaching but was scrambling every day for what to wear, what to take to lunch, etc.

Did I spend time with my family.
Yes:-)

Did I have energy? Did I have enough down time to remain positive?
This is my biggest no. My energy was low all week and I could tell from my attitude. I am feeling the impact of not enough exercise.   These things all fall into place better when I make time to eat a little better and to exercise a little more.

I have talked to so many teachers who are struggling with healthy living and balance during the last few weeks.  But there are many others who are managing balance a bit better.  I am inspired by those who are sharing their successes during this crazy time of year.

Hope next week is a little better when it comes to answering these questions!


1 comment:

  1. Franki,

    School makes it sooooo hard to keep up a balance with the rest of our lives! Being the cross country coach at my school actually helps me run more, but it causes me to not get a lot done in the afternoons. :)

    I've been trying to do some strategic teaching in my history classes this year, but haven't managed that well in the last couple of weeks and need to get back on track!

    It's so hard to do it all! If I lived close to you we could motivate and support each other!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete